Saturday, September 1, 2012

My Experience at Zombie-O-Rama IV







Four years ago I went with my boarder, actor Christopher Scott, to the first ever Bay Area, actually technically San Jose is Silicon Valley, zombie crawl. It was an wonderful event and over 1,000 people attended. Yesterday, I attended the fourth years event and was blown away. I had gone to the second year and it was bigger and better. Unfortunately, I had missed year three because I didn’t have transport, which royally sucked. This year I walked into a monster of an event. My sister and I were a bit late so we showed up when the entertainment had started. When we arrived I swear we walked into a crowd of over 4,000 people. A band was playing. A number of people  dressed up as those beserkers from Resident Evil. There were people in incredibly detailed makeup from The Walking Dead as well. Also there were people in simplistic makeup as well, most of these got theirs done at the event for a donation of $5, good deal. For my part I did my own makeup and my sister’s. Unfortunately, I don’t have any pictures this time, because I forgot to charge my camera…
The food at the event was excellent. I had a pork burrito and some Hawaiian sliders. For desert I got a hand made strawberry cheesecake ice cream sandwich with fresh chocolate chip cookies.
After my sister and I watched a zombie fashion show and watch the costume contest. An amazing eyeless zombie won the woman’s category and a clown zombie won for the guys. Then we finished the evening with a showing of Shawn of the Dead in a big outdoor screen….it was glorious.
Now, if you were on Facebook you saw that it was back and forth in regard it if I was going to be able to make this event. It had taken an over blown importance for me to make it because of all the bullshit with me and horror events lately. I have to say it was nice to be able to hang out with a few thousand fellow horror fans. Actually, a couple people recognized me there and chatted me up. They were disappointed that they couldn’t get an autograph, but luckily I had a pen in my pocket and wrote down their addresses on a rather small piece of paper I had. I’ll send them autographed pictures once I have the funds to do so. So, all in all a wonderful time..Bravo Zombie-O Rama!