Monday, July 30, 2012

Hate Mail





It’s said that you can track your success by the number of pieces of hate mail you get. Supposedly, the more people complain and attack you the more you're getting out there.
This last weekend I made the mistake of actually reading a few of these emails on the air and having my crew and a guest outsider comment on them. The emails were truly nasty and hit us all in weak points like these assholes who composed them wanted them to do. Some of my crew, who do not have the thick skin that I have, were royally hurt and torn down by the comments expressed in these emails.
One member of my crew I haven’t heard from since the show. He was royally insensed by the negative comments focused on him. I was really proud of the fact that he stood up for himself, but I could sense he felt beaten down after.
Another member of my crew and his loved ones were deeply hurt and disillusioned by the venomous bullshit thrown at them. This incredibly creative and talented person has suffered from a lot of self doubt in the past. With my inspiration and support he has gotten back into doing the thing he loves, but now he is questioning himself, and I feel responsible.
The truth is, I’ve tried to express this to my crew is that the emails read on the show were a tiny and loud minority of the people who listen to our show, if some of these Ftards even listen at all. Our show gets between 200 and 300 listens a week, most of those through our archive. Our show that we did the day before the email show (we did three last weekend) got 121 listens in 24 hours. To me that shows that we are doing something right. We wouldn’t be getting numbers like we have if we were a bunch of talentless losers that the horror community is laughing at. We are a successful internet radio show hosted by people who put their hearts and souls into what they do for free. I’m hoping the members of my crew will remember after the stinging subsides that those emails were created by a bunch of sad talentless low lives who are either jealous of the fact that we are on the air doing what we do, or they are petty internet trash that want to break us up because they are friends with the so called “social elitists” whose toes I’ve been stepping on lately. My crew needs to consider the pathetic source and not let these jackasses rule their lives. Remember, we are The Wolf Pack…We build, we inspire, and we stand together no matter what.
Oh, and to the losers who wrote those emails, it is now my policy to give each incoming email in The Eric Morse Project inbox a quick glance. If I catch any negativity I’m immediately going to delete them without further reading. So, you just keep up sending those emails and wasting your time, because I guess you can’t find anything else more creative or productive to do with your time. Me and my crew are too busy being creative and actually helping people to waste our time with your drivel….Chow!!!